Tell It Like It Is

Tuesday 12 October 2010

My Choice Is No Crime



My Choice Is Not A Crime

I'm pro-choice, you see.

Choices are good.

Y'know - to pick your nose, or wipe your arse with your bare hands.

Even to rub that stuff in someone else's face.

Choices, right? We celebrate 'em, we love 'em.

And according to Aussie pro-death group GitStuffed (not their real name), "My Choice Is No Crime".

That's right.

I chose to burgle your house last night. Oh - thanks for the lingerie - and the jewelery was swisher than I expected - you've got class!

But wait - the moment my choice becomes an action, you think I can be held accountable?

Bullshit!

After all, My Choice Is Not A Crime.

Oh? Sorry - repeat that? Oh - a choice is not a crime if it doesn't affect someone else.

So that would make abortion a crime then, wouldn't it.

I mean - that cute little baby snuggled inside your womb feels pain independently of you - no bodily organs can do that.

And heck - he/she probably has a different blood type to you. Tell me, what bodily organ does THAT!

So without a doubt, little cutesie in your womb is a beautiful baby, distinct from you.

And you just told me that My Choice Is A Crime, if it hurts another.

So what are we arguing about? Sounds like it's case-closed.